Let’s be real for a minute. This year’s fashion trends look a bit like a bad Seinfeld episode with the in-your-face bra tops and (pirate) ruffles….
It’s almost St. Patty’s day though (cheers) and what better way to celebrate than with a new edition to my blog (#excited emoji)! Every Saturday I’ll be posting my picks of the runway’s latest trends and my favorite wardrobe staples – all for a fraction of the cost, because they’re from Poshmark & Mercari! Staying on trend and classy for way less keeps me happily coming back to these sites for more. These “Search Spotlight” posts are designed to help you find the best of what these sites have to offer, so let’s go!
As I mentioned, the pirate look is really happening right now – particularly bell sleeves, ruffled sleeves, everything in between, and ruffles in general. As much as I love pirates, I chose a toned down interpretation of this trend by Michael Stars for today’s look. The knit cotton fabric keeps it casual and the green is perfect for St. Patty’s day.
The wonderful thing about ruffled shirts is that they are flattering and look great with lots of different cuts of pants or jeans. I chose these Citizens of Humanity skinnies because they’re slimming on me and I still love the skinny jean look, especially when paired with my Frye investment booties. Another cute option would be wide leg pants, as they are very in right now too. As a side note, wide legs will be so easy to wear when the weather heats up with flatform sandals!
- I purchased this (basically new) Michael Stars top here for $10 (plus s+h)
- I purchased these (basically new) COH jeans here for $10 (plus s+h)
How to Score Similar On-Trend Ruffles for Less
Here are my flowy shirt picks for y’all – all under 10 bucks! I kept the over the top pirate vibe at bay (sorry Seinfeld), so they will be super easy to work into your every day/night attire!
From the top…
- Look alike bell sleeve Michael Stars shirt in blue available here ($5)
- Ruffle front Max Studio tank, available here ($4 & marked “last chance”)
- Flared sleeve Michael Stars gold shirt, available here ($8)
- Starry TopShop blouse, available here ($7)
- Pink ruffle H&M tank, available here ($3)
- Graphic print ruffle tank, available here ($5)
- Nordstrom ruffle tunic tank, available here ($8)
- Floral bell sleeve top, available here ($3)
These on-trend pieces will sell out quickly at these super low prices! Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you can be the first to know about my picks next week!
Not on Poshmark, Mercari, Tradesy, or ThredUP yet? Look below to save money on your first purchase!
Join me on Poshmark – use code NEUOK to save $5 off your first purchase.
Join me on Mercari – use code TZQHMB to save $2 off your first purchase.