Happy April y’all and as the saying goes, April’s showers brings May’s flowers. I’m here to tell you that in the south, the struggle to stay dry is real and the weather forecast can change instantly. In the spirit of staying dry and not looking like a fool this month, today’s post features a rain jacket that can be worn rain or shine. It adds a lot to an outfit and is made of waxed cotton, so no typical plastic-y rain jacket look, yet it’s still waterproof in case it rains. Lucky for us the J. Crew Downtown Field Jacket is a classic look that’s been around a couple seasons, so it is easy to buy for a bargain right now when online thrifting.
Get the Look
I found mine on Poshmark as it currently has the best prices on this particular jacket. A couple tips when browsing for it: I had the best luck with the following phrases: “field jacket”, “downtown jacket”, and “J. Crew anorak”. As a side note, the jacket with the larger label (top right) is actually J. Crew Factory. These pieces are generally cheaper, but in the past I’ve found Factory quality to be sub-par to the real thing. If it’s just the look you want and not the water repellant waxed cotton, the jackets on the bottom row are adorable lookalikes that won’t break the bank.
From left to right starting at the top:
- J. Crew Jacket, $50 here
- J. Crew light jacket, $25 here
- Sanctuary lightweight jacket, $10 here
- Light Weight Jacket, $10 here
Not on Poshmark, Mercari, Tradesy, or ThredUP yet? Look below for COUPON CODES for your first purchase!
Join me on Poshmark – use code NEUOK to save $5 off your first purchase.
Join me on Mercari – use code TZQHMB to save $2 off your first purchase.
What I’m wearing
- J. Crew jacket, I bargained myself a steal at $34 here
- Victoria Secret long shirt $10 on Mercari, here
- Zella leggings (purchased new), here
- Hunter boots (purchased new), here
- Infinity scarf from Nordstrom, older but similar available here & here
- Boston Red Sox hat, purchased at a game but I’ve noticed there’s plenty of sports apparel on Poshmark and Mercari.