After an online search for thrifted destroyed jeans, I looked at the unsellable jeans in my own Poshmark closet and had a moment. I realized that I had been attempting to sell a perfect fitting pair (here) because of a couple loose threads while spending my time looking for a new pair with multiple holes and damage. I am not usually the up-cycling type because I can’t sew a straight line to save my life, but the look I was going for seemed pretty easy to achieve. I’ll walk you through how I did it.
I hope this helps if you’re thinking about giving your jeans a makeover. Feel free to ask questions in the comment section – I’d love to hear from y’all!
COUPON CODES for your first purchase at Tradesy, Poshmark, ThredUP, & Mercari!!
Join me on Poshmark – use code NEUOK to save $5 off your first purchase.
Join me on Mercari – use code TZQHMB to save $2 off your first purchase.
What I’m wearing
- AEO striped top $6 (purchased on Poshmark), here
- Anthropologie necklace $5 (purchased on Poshmark), here
- BCBG jeggings, rescued from my Poshmark closet here & upcycled
- BCBG studded tote (purchased on Poshmark), here
- Baublebar bracelet set $8 (purchased on Poshmark), here
- Caged heels $7 (purchased on Poshmark), here