Every spring designers introduce their versions of trendy “novelty tops”, as I like to call them. Any deviation from the classic shirt silhouette, which has two sleeves, a clean neckline and a clean waistline makes something novelty in my book. For example, the striped top I’m wearing has a slightly cropped oversized tie waist. It also has a cut out appliqué design at the neckline, which adds to the novelty of it. The other top I’m wearing has cut out/ cold shoulders and ruffles – also novelty! This year especially, these trendy novelty tops have dominated the fashion scene so this post is all about finding the perfect (thrifted, as always) one for you. A lot of them have cutout shoulders and are cropped, so to flatter your body type be mindful that the cutout, cropped, or fitted area falls in a place that you don’t mind showing off. Let’s get to it!
Starting at the top:
- Zara nautical tie front blouse $14, here
- Zara off shoulder striped crop top $30, here
- Zara one shoulder top $18, here
- Zara striped ruffle/cut-out sleeve top $15, here
- Mango one shoulder top $8, here
- Anthropologie cold shoulder eyelet top $10, here
- Anthropologie off the shoulder crop $23, here
- Urban Outfitters cold shoulder ruffle top $18, here
COUPON CODES for your first purchase at Tradesy, Poshmark, ThredUP, & Mercari!! Some only work when signing up for the first time in the phone apps.
- Join me on Poshmark – use code NEUOK to save $5 off your first purchase.
- Join me on ThredUP – use this link here to save $10 off your first purchase.
- Join me on Tradesy – use this link here to save $20 off your first $50 purchase.
- Join me on Mercari – use code TZQHMB to save $2 off your first purchase.
How I Styled it:
- Zara novelty top $15, here
- Zara heels $19.99, here
- AG Jeans in red $10, here
- BaubleBar disco ball earrings (will be selling soon thru my Poshmark closet)
- Michael Kors sunnies, here
- Michael Kors oversized gold watch, a good staple piece that I’ve had forever!
Before you go – subscribe to this blog (blue button) & you’ll never miss out on my budget friendly runway-inspired picks – updated weekly!